Information on the processing of personal data
This page describes how to manage this site with reference to the processing of the personal data of users who consult them. This is an information that is provided in accordance with current legislation on personal data for users who interact with the services of this site in the framework of the 2016/679 EU Regulation. The information is provided only for this site and not for other websites that may be consulted by the user through our links.
The Data Controller” of the processing
Following consultation of the site, data relating to identified or identifiable persons may be processed. The “Data Controller” of their processing is Medidea LDA with registered office in Rua da Alfândega 78 9000-059 Funchal – Portugal and branch office in via del Sole 1, 6598 Tenero – Switzerland,
Place of data processing
The processings connected to the web services are handled only by technical staff of the office in charge of the processing, or by any persons in charge of occasional maintenance operations. No data deriving from the web service is communicated or disseminated.
Purpose of the processing and legal basis of the processing
The personal data provided by users who submit requests or intend to use services or products offered through the site as well as receive further specific contents are used for the sole purpose of responding to requests or performing the service or provision requested and are communicated to third parties only in the case where this is necessary for this purpose. The legal basis of these processings is the need to respond to the requests of the data subjects or perform activities provided for by the agreements defined with the data subjects in relation to any pre-contractual or legal contractual obligations
Types of data processed
The computer systems and software procedures used to operate the site acquire, during their normal operation, some personal data whose transmission is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. This is information that is not collected to be associated with identified data subjects, but which by their very nature could, through processing and association with data held by third parties, allow users to be identified. This category of data includes the IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by users who connect to the site, the addresses in the Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) notation of the requested resources, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters relating to the operating system and the user’s computer environment. These data are used for the sole purpose of obtaining anonymous statistical information on the use of the site and to check its correct functioning and are deleted after processing. The data could be used to ascertain responsibility in the event of hypothetical computer crimes against the site.
Data provided voluntarily by the user
The optional, explicit and voluntary sending of e-mails to the addresses indicated on the site entails the subsequent acquisition of the sender’s address, necessary to respond to requests, as well as any other personal data included in the message. Specific summary information may be viewed from time to time on the pages of the site set up for particular services on request.
By cookies we mean a textual element that is inserted into the hard disk of a computer only after authorization. Cookies have the function of streamlining the analysis of web traffic or to signal when a specific site is visited and allow web applications to send information to individual users. No personal user data is acquired by the site in this regard. Cookies are not used to transmit information of a personal nature, nor are so-called c.d. persistent cookies of any kind, or systems for tracking users. The use of the so-called session cookies are strictly limited to the transmission of session identifiers (consisting of random numbers generated by the server) necessary to allow safe and efficient exploration of the site. I c.d. session cookies used on the site avoid the use of other IT techniques that are potentially prejudicial to the confidentiality of navigation
Optional supply of data
Apart from what is specified for navigation data, the user is free to provide personal data to request the services offered by the Data Controller. Failure to provide them may make it impossible to obtain what is requested.
Methods of processing and data retention times
Personal data are processed with automated tools for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected. Specific security measures are observed to prevent data loss, illicit or incorrect use and unauthorized access.
The data are kept for the time strictly necessary for the pursuit of the purposes indicated in this information and will be deleted at the end of this period, unless the data must be kept for legal obligations or to assert a right in court.
Rights of data subjectsdata subjectsdata subjects
Within the limits and under the conditions provided for by law, the owner is obliged to respond to requests from the interested party regarding personal data concerning him. In particular, based on current legislation:
1.The data subject has the right to obtain from the data controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him is being processed and, in this case, to obtain access to personal data and the following information:
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal data in question;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular if they are recipients of third countries or international organizations;
- when possible, the retention period of personal data provided or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine this period;
- the existence of the right of the data subject to ask the data controller to correct or delete personal data or limit the processing of personal data concerning him or to oppose their processing;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- if the data are not collected from the data subject, all available information on their origin;
- the existence of an automated decision-making process, including profiling
2. The data subject has the right to obtain from the data controller the correction of inaccurate personal data concerning him without undue delay. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the data subject has the right to obtain the integration of incomplete personal data, also by providing an additional declaration.
3. The data subject has the right to obtain from the data controller the cancellation of personal data concerning him without undue delay and the data controller is obliged to cancel the personal data without undue delay within the limits and in the cases provided for by current legislation. The data controller communicates to each of the recipients to whom the personal data have been transmitted any corrections or cancellations or limitations of processing within the limits and in the forms provided for by current legislation.
4. The data subject has the right to obtain from the data controller the limitation of the processing.
5. The data subject has the right to receive in a structured format, commonly used and readable by an automatic device, the personal data concerning him provided to a data controller and has the right to transmit such data to another data controller without impediments from part of the data controller to whom he provided them.
To exercise the rights listed above, the data subject must submit a request using the following contact points through which the Data Protection Officer can also be contacted at the address indicated below: requests should be addressed to the Medidea LDA Data Controller, who can the data protection officer designated by the Data Controller may also be contacted via the dedicated email address firstname.lastname@example.org
This version of the information on the processing of personal data was updated on 04.06.2020
Privacy updated on 01/02/2020